When you need Verified RAW ingredients, accept only this artisanal Balinese cacao powder. Sun-dried and pressed using cutting-edge low-temperature technology, it’s the world’s first Verified RAW cacao powder.
No one else can prove they have a genuine RAW cacao powder. We traveled to Bali to film every phase of production, from farm to extraction point, and verified process temperatures at each stage for you.
This stimulating, nutritious powder is perfect in all your recipes: hot chocolate, fudge, cookies, cakes, and raw desserts!
- The world's first TRULY RAW cacao powder
- Totally Unique Flavor Profile, due to source material and processing: Astringent, Chocolatey, Grassy, with fruity hints of vanilla, nutmeg, banana, and clove.
- Unique Variety: Made from Single origin organic wild Balinese cacao, descended from the prized Criollo variety.
- A noticeably RAW-tasting product that gives you amazing energy.
- Most Transparent Cacao: Traceable, transparent supply chain from farm to processing to you ensures purity, RAW status, and social benefits.
- Possibly one of the world’s most powerful health foods, incredibly rich in antioxidants.
- Beyond Fair Trade: Empowering 3,000+ sustainable organic cacao farmers in Bali with a ground-breaking organic, beyond fair trade cooperative facility for value-added processing, increasing farmers' incomes over 30%!
- Beyond Sustainable: Wild-harvested in the truly sustainable, biodiverse food-forests of Bali. The purchase of this product preserves rainforest and protects the soil
Food of the Gods
Cacao Powder is made by cold-pressing cacao butter from the beans, cutting down on fat calories while still giving you all of cacao's vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and antioxidants.When we first pioneered RAW cacao and chocolate 10 years ago, our primary concern was microbial purity. Traditionally, since the cacao destined for chocolate production is cooked and heavily processed, fresh cacao beans were fermented in the open jungle, with little concern for purity. For this reason, when we pioneered RAW cacao, we had to develop pristine fermentation techniques and facilities. The explosive popularity of RAW cacao led to many copycats selling cacao that was contaminated with mold, yeast, and bacteria. As always, we use careful processing and lab testing to guarantee that our cacao is 100% free of pathogens like E. coli, staph, and salmonella.
The beans are machine "cracked" into nibs, and the papery skins are separated from the nibs simply by fan power.
The nibs are then fed into a hydraulic press that squeezes them, pressing out the buttery golden oil. After pressing the butter from the nibs, the concentrated cake left behind is low in fat (about 22%, while our Peruvian cacao powder is about 11%).
The cacao cake is then cold-milled to a powder and then fine sieved for use as cacao powder.
Never contaminated by clarifying chemicals or solvents, it retains high levels of nutrients and antioxidants. Prior to final packing, every lot of cacao is tested at an independent lab for a full microbial analysis.
Every Product has an origin
and an impact
You stand at the finish line of an amazing journey with a miraculous beginning: Soil, Water, Sunshine...and Seed. With care and craftsmanship, Life unfolds, blossoms, and thrives. No chemicals needed. Just skill, hard work, and love for the land.
Every point on this map is a place that you touch. A farm. A community. An economy. An ecosystem.
These are the origins. You are the source.